The day before your wedding can get pretty hectic with the wedding rehearsal, dinner rehearsal, and greeting all your out of town guests. So here are some tips to remember to do in those last 24 hours..
- As soon as you arrive at your hotel the day before the wedding, make sure to take your gown out of the garment bag to release the wrinkles. If steaming is needed ask your girls to help do it that day.
- Make sure you have your wedding accessories all together such as the veil, wedding shoes, and jewelry all in one bag.
- Pack an extra pair of shoes, especially if you’re going to be wearing heels. Be sure to pack a pair of flats or sandals. You will thank me later once you start dancing on the dance floor.
- If you choose to do your own vows, make sure they are already written. Perhaps you all can have a his and her vow books and make sure that is packed.
- Confirm your with designated point of contact that they will be the ones that vendors will reach out to if needed on day of wedding.
- Pack a set of your invitations, usually the photographer will do a flat lay style of your wedding shoes with your wedding accessories, and stationery.
- If you are going on your honeymoon right after the wedding, make sure to have with you your passport. That is something that can be easily forgotten as we do not carry that on us every day.
- Pack a mini purse or clutch so you can put your phone and credit cards and/or cash in. Give it to someone to hold before the ceremony and they can give it back to you during the reception.
- Pack an emergency kit and make sure it has essentials such as a mini sewing kit, aspirin, makeup remover pads, safety pins, band-aids, and hair spray.
- Get a good night’s sleep! You will be up early the next day getting ready with hair and makeup. Then it just gets busier after that until wedding time.
Photo Credit: Amy Saavedra Photogra